Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Goosberry Patch

I discovered the Gooseberry Patch catalog company when I was a newlywed. Every Christmas since my husband has given me some wonderful gifts like nesting bowls, a cookie jar, a vintage reproduction pie plate, and several cook books. Every year I receive their pocket calendar to keep it in my purse. I need to see the entire month at a time to keep things in perspective and I like that each day has enough space to write a note, and it's incredibly cute. Somehow I have not yet spilled a coke on my current calendar.
Gooseberry Patch has sent me their newest cookbook Family Favorite Recipes, to try for free for 30 days. I'm such a sucker. We've tried 2 recipes so far. One was excellent, Country-Style Supper Skillet and the other Honeymoon Chicken and Biscuits which wasn't. I just loved the title of that one but it had a strange topping. Tomorrow I'm trying the Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff. Every time I try a recipe from one of my cookbooks I leave a note in the margin describing our experience. At first it was difficult to write in a book but it's been really helpful!
Here are a few of their current products I'm wishing for:
If I actually had these beautiful things I don't know that I could allow people to get food on them. But they're so cheerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment