Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th of July and a Product Review


This year was Charlie's first 4th of July and he did great! I was a bit worried about his reaction to the loud fireworks but he didn't mind at all. He watched for a minute then went to sleep and stayed asleep until the very end!

Onto the product review. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a wall gallery template from Michael's. The template is supposed to be leveled on the wall to help you hang multiple picture frames. I lucked up and was able to buy all the picture frames for 40% off. They still cost me $170.


My husband hung the template and the frames for me tonight. Despite his handyman skills and cleverness, things did not go as smoothly as we had planned.

Problem 1- the wall anchors that came with the frames were cheap and broke off.
Problem 2- the template could have been reused if we had not screwed holes through it.
Problem 3- this was not a project I could have done alone.

By the end of the project we did have a nice wall gallery in a reasonable amount of time. Overall I give this product a B+.
I haven't filled in all of the frames which explains why there is a sailboat hung sideways.

No comments:

Post a Comment