Friday, July 31, 2009

Home Improvements Stink!


I have had nothing but trouble with my latest home improvement changes. My first major issue is the installation of our granite counter tops. One piece of our counter was not measured correctly so it is not installed correctly. We're now waiting on the company to find another slab to replace this piece. Unknowingly, I managed to select the hardest to find granite. Why is it in the showroom if it's so illusive?!
I understand people make mistakes but I was not happy with the service we received. Above is a photo of the mess they left under the sink. They didn't even bother to wipe down the counters. I expected higher quality results from a company that only does granite.
In addition, I've recently learned that we cannot move onto the back splash project until the counters are done. I could turn into the Hulk if I spend any more time thinking about this. Onto another maddening project.
I special ordered a light fixture for the living room from Home Depot with the understanding that I would have it in one week. After I paid and left the store there was a message waiting for me that the fixture was on back order and would not be in for a month. It's been a month and Chuck was able to install it this week. I won't get into the boring details but it was a lot more trouble than expected.
I've learned that I really don't have the temperament for this and it's a good thing I don't drink. Here's a shout out to my relaxed smooth husband, you're awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment