Thursday, November 11, 2010

So Gross!

A friend sent me a helpful email with homemade recipes for household cleaners.  One was using Dawn hand soap and vinegar to remove soap scum.  You pour vinegar about half way into a spray bottle then heat it in a microwave then fill the rest with blue Dawn dish soap.  It's suppose to "melt" soap scum.  This was exactly what we needed for our shower door.  I've tried several different methods without any real success.  Then I just gave up.
This is the before shot.  It's terribly embarrassing.  But the recipe really did work!


After scrubbing, scrubbing, scrubbing and spraying it down with the hose....
it looks clean!

I did try to use this mixture inside the shower.  I about passed out from the fumes.  I just finished the job with Lysol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment