Sunday, November 7, 2010

Differences of Opinion

I am in charge of the decorating in our home.  Usually I have a clear idea of what I want and rarely ask Chuck's opinion about colors, patterns, bedspreads, etc.  He has a say in how much I spend.  I do keep in mind that he's a man and I wouldn't want him to feel uncomfortable in his own home. 
Our bedroom is in need of a makeover.  I put some wallpaper up behind our bed when we first moved in.  It looks great... from afar.  It was my first attempt and that's exactly how it looks.  I would like to take the paper down and try again with painting a pattern of some sort.  But deciding on an all over color has been a challenge.

So I found some rooms on line that I liked and asked Chuck's opinion.  I was really surprised that the one I like the best he found "a mess".  From Decorpad, here she is.....

He hated everything about it.  But I love the mess, it's an interesting room.  It looks like it has a bit of age.

This was the bedroom he liked the best.  I'm sorry but I don't know who to give credit to for this pic.

I like this room but it's too sophisticated for me.  It doesn't suit me at all.  Too masculine.  I do love that chandelier and round mirror though.
I'm still hunting for that perfect color that we can both happily live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment