Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall Tablescape

I was lucky to be given the job of decorating for a small church event.  My mercury glass collection is pretty so I was sure I was going to be using it.  At first I was thinking of pairing it with hot pink then Mom suggested to go with a Fall theme.
After redoing the porch I was inspired and knew I had some Fall decorations that would look great.  In my search for a tablecloth I came across a brown damask one that I had forgotten about.  What luck!
I needed more than what I had at home so I shopped Mom's house for some stuff.  She always has great things, including the battery operated candles.  They added a nice soft flicker to all the glass.


I was also in charge of the dessert.  My favorite thing for a crowd is a cupcake.  No messy cutting of cake!  I found a recipe on Annies-Eats.  It called for making your cake from scratch and to use the classic buttercream icing recipe but I used my own recipe and a cake mix.  I really liked her idea of the apples and the impressive look of the final cupcake. 
If you want a taste of Fall you'll love this one also from Family Fun, "Mini Pumpkin Tarts".  The recipe called for a can of pumpkin but our Publix didn't have any so I used canned sweet potato.  This turned out great!  They are on the top tier in this photo.


These "acorns" were so much fun to build.  I found this idea also on Family Fun.  They are just donut holes topped with chocolate icing and rolled in toffee.  The stems are pretzels.  They turned out super cute!  Now the taste isn't near as good as they look but who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment