Friday, September 17, 2010

Coupon Workshop

Last night I went to a Southern Savers "Extreme Coupon Workshop". We had to drive an hour north of here and it was $10 at the door but it was worth it! I learned all kinds of things that I didn't even know to ask about or look up. Here's a list of just some of the things I learned:

1. Extreme couponing done well will save you 60% off your usual bill. 
2. Wal-Mart is not a couponer's friend. Yes, they have low prices but we want "rock bottom" prices.
3. Publix is THE best place to get those rock bottom prices. They want you to use their coupons and shop their store.
3. The house brand is 2x the price of a name brand item that is on sale.
4. Publix has awesome rain checks. If an item is not on the shelf ask for a raincheck and ask for a large item limit. You will be able to use it until the limit has been reached, not neccesarily all in one transaction.

I learned more about CVS'ing as well but I have some practice to do before I can share!

No comments:

Post a Comment