Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Perfect Housewife Day 1/The Only Day

Last week I challenged myself to be a better stay at home mom. I have become a bit lazy when it comes to cooking and cleaning. A year ago I made a chore chart but I might have followed it a handful of weeks since. Here's how Day 1 of being the perfect housewife went down:

Thursday-clean master bathroom, 1 load of laundry, and load/unload dishwasher.

I got my cleaning caddy and a roll of paper towels and went to work on the bathroom. Things were going pretty smoothly until I called for Charlie who'd been quiet for a moment. He obediently came to me with my missing bottle of Clorox Green Works hanging out of his mouth. He obviously had been drinking it. Chuck called the Clorox company and found out the product does not contain bleach and we just needed to watch him for any ill effects for the next hour.

I was quite shaken with almost poisoning our child so I used my nervous energy to vacuum. Vacuuming was not on the chore chart for Thursday but it should have been done the day before. Charlie loves it when I vacuum. He usually follows me around and touches the vacuum lovingly. But that day he discovered how to yank the cord out of the wall and make it stop. The second time he did this I had had enough! I screamed at him so loudly, Chuck came running out of the office yet again, to see what all the fuss was about. He blessedly took the baby and entertained him until I was finished and had cooled off with some angry tears.
Here's Mr. Mischievous:

I learned a good lesson, I'm not the perfect housewife and I'm glad. Upon reflection if I was, my friends would hate me. And it appears that trying to be perfect just makes things more complicated so I will continue with the chore chart and cooking healthier meals but some days are just going to be eventful!

1 comment: