Saturday, December 19, 2009

Plastic Surgery and Real Men

A few weeks ago we watched an interesting BBC show about a journalist researching plastic surgery. She had a professional photographer take her photo then enhance it, a lot. She then took the enhanced photo to several different plastic surgeons and asked if they could make her look like the enhanced version of herself. The surgeons she saw really worried me. They looked very alien and frightening! I could not believe she would trust them to do anything to her face after seeing what they had done to themselves.

It distresses me when a man gets plastic surgery to look younger. It's just not manly. A real man does not care about his crows feet or age spots. It would bother me greatly if my husband was overly concerned about plucking wayward eyebrows or smoothing on night creams. Men, in general, get better looking with age. Let's look at some examples:

1. Sam Elliott, one of my grandmother's hero's. I've always liked him myself. What a great cowboy!


2. Tom Selleck, my other grandmother's hero. It appears that both of my grandmothers like large mustaches.


3. Harrison Ford, age has really done him well. He's way better looking these days.


What do you think? Am I right or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment