Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Try A Sexy New Look
I have worn false eyelashes for years. Not every day, just when I need a pick me up. Lashes are super cheap and are in every drug store and Wal-mart. However, they do take a little patience. Here are some tips if you're feeling adventurous!
1. DO NOT try those individual lashes for the first time. They are too tedious and difficult to do alone. I've never had any success with them staying on.
2. Purchase a pair of lashes that are full but not drag queen (see below). Also purchase a tube of adhesive, most lashes don't come with glue.
3. Trim your lashes to suit your eyes. They're going to be long so cut the end with the shortest lashes. Take the lash off your eye before you trim. If you don't trim, the lashes will poke your eyelid and be really annoying.
4. Apply a good bead of glue onto the lash and wait for 30 seconds for the glue to become tacky. This is a good time to apply your eye make up. Keep it simple or you'll look Old Lady or Drag.
5. Use a toothpick to poke the lashes above your lash line. Be sure to really adhere both ends down to avoid lifting.
6. Throw the glue and toothpick into the lash package for your purse. Just in case you have an emergency you can reapply a small amount of glue onto the toothpick then onto the lash.
7. To get the glue off your eye apply a small amount of baby oil onto a Q-tip and rub softly.
Put the lashes back onto the lash tray for next time.
Have a great time! Relax about people noticing you've got on lashes. If they do it's because they're wanting to know why you look so great. Once you've had some experience with these you'll notice that almost every magazine ad or commercial girl is wearing them.