Saturday, June 27, 2009

More Changes In Our "New to Us" Home


It's so wonderful to have a handy husband! Chuck spent all day today checking off a list of home improvements for me. He replaced all of the bathroom faucets this morning. The old fixtures were the cheapest, ugliest, and would not come clean kind. They remind me of our first two years living in a trailer as newly-weds. Those were great times but I hope to never live in a mobile home again.
I thought I was going to have to spend $60-80.00 per faucet but I found these for $24.95 at Home Depot! They turned out great. Chuck also put up some molding around our guest bathroom mirror. It looks so much better. We had already replaced the gold Hollywood light fixture and painted the room pink. The color was not what I had envisioned but it is an improvement, so I can overlook it for now. Now that I see the "before" picture here the paint looks deceitfully neutral however it was a very strange purpley-brown color. Although my pink paint is really too much it does make people look good and not sickly.

Below is another project for me. Although the cabinets in my house are mostly wood they have the most unattractive grain I've ever seen. This photo does not exaggerate they're truly that ugly. I think you'll agree with me that they must be painted and that hardware must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment