Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another Makeover!




Another makeover? Yes! This time it's me. I ran across a pretty fabulous book, "How Not to Look Old" by Charla Krupp. It was written for women who are over 40 but I thought I'd get started not looking old early. I did take before and after photos and I'm sorry to say they're disappointing. I am not a photographer nor have I read the manual for my own camera. Back to the book, the author gives lots of ways to get a Y&H (young and hip look) but here's what I did:
1. Cut some bangs-my friend Emilie did a great job giving me a Y&H cut. Her hair is always Y&H.
2. Color your gray-thanks to mom and Revlon, I've got strawberry-blonde hair. Lighter hair is Y&H, severe dark and gray is OL (Old Lady).
3. Whiten your teeth- if you do this, go ahead and buy Sensodyne toothpaste it's a must have.
4. Wear a pink lipstick-I'm having trouble with this one, it's tricky with red hair.
5. Tame eyebrows
6. Great Y&H accessories- I bought a great large yellow purse with lots of sparkle. Mom also loaned me a great long necklace which is all the rage this season. I wore the necklace out to dinner and discovered why I don't own long necklaces. They always end up "lassoing" one of my breasts. That is definitely OL.
Overall I'm happy with the results. It did not take much effort or money. What is taking a great deal of effort is the 30 Day Shred DVD. 25 times more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment