Friday, June 26, 2009

Books on Style by Nina


I don't normally read so many self-help books but lately the library's new book isle has had some pretty good ones. I must tell you about Nina Garcia's from "Project Runway". They are all about achieving your own personal style. Her first book is "The Little Black Book of Style" which focuses on good taste and what to wear under any circumstance. It was fun but my favorite was "The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own". The illustrations were fun and her descriptions of each item are enlightening. Am I really going to own these 100 pieces? Like a Pucci dress. Below is a Pucci dress, it can be yours for $614 on clearance from $1,535!I'm too cheap for Pucci but I think might try a few she suggested like a clutch. I've never owned one but I could have picked up quite a quality one from a thrift store last weekend at Grandmas. It was snake skinned for $20! Why didn't I just listen to Nina?! That purse has been in my mind all week. I hope it's still there in 3 weeks when we go back for another visit.
I have completed Days 9, 10, and 11 on the 30 Day Shred. I'll be missing two days this week but hey it takes time to turn over a new leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment