Monday, August 2, 2010

A Space Of My Very Own

If you have spent any amount of time with me, you have heard me whine about having no where to craft.  We currently live in a home with no dining room which has been my spot in the past.  My loving husband suggested I use some space in our bedroom.  I HATE that idea.  A crafter needs a spot where they can leave a mess.  The only place we had left was the laundry room.  Here are some before shots, prepare yourself for a mess.



Although this room has cabinetry it's not functional.  Here is an example, the drawers cannot open all the way because the knobs of other drawers are in the way.  Ridiculous.


And one of the cabinets is so deep, my arms cannot reach the back.  I have to fit my entire upper body into the cabinet to reach anything in the dark cave.  Ridiculous.
 

We're still working on making this functional.  I have a lot of work to do.  Did I mention that this room originally had not one but TWO bands of wall paper border when we moved in?

I believe I ripped this stuff off within minutes of walking into our home for the first time.  Sadly, I never took the time to wash off the glue left behind so that has to be done before I paint.   
I hope it will be done by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment