Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Saturday's Finds

We've had much better yard sale times than this past weekend but I did find some things on my list.  I was looking for some clothing items to be "upcycled" into some cute pants for Charlie.  If you have a boy you know how difficult it is to find cute outfits at times.  I have found church clothes to be the most elusive unless it's the holiday season. 
I found a pair of corduroy pants, a waffle weave long-sleeved shirt, and plaid shorts all for $2.
We also found ourselves at what was advertised as a "gigantic flea market".  It wasn't, but we did have a great time digging through this gigantic mound of jewelry placed into tiny bags.  I unearthed an owl necklace, an Uncle Sam pin with rhinestones, and shoe clips.  Ginger found a vintage fruit necklace that I had to have, all for $4.


Our hunt for a bargain lead us to a couple of thrift shops where I found another round mirror for my collection, it wasn't in great shape but it was only $2.  The frame is plastic and has a bit of damage but it's not terribly noticeable.  It's the big one hung behind the lamp.


Last week I picked up another round mirror on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $2.  It needs some paint to fit into my theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment