Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Disappointing Movie

We spent last Sunday night relaxing and watching Jim Carrey in "A Christmas Carol".  I remember this movie not getting very good reviews so we didn't go to the movies to see it.  I'm so happy we didn't.  It is made by Disney and marketed to kids but it is not a kid movie.  The story went very much by the book and had some really freaky characters, like their version of the ghost of Christmas Past. 

The animation also had some surprises.  Every teenage boy in the movie was given quite a bit of acne.  This may have really been historically correct but we don't need or expect such accuracy in an animated film.  There wasn't any funny parts to lighten things up and my kids were just bored.  It was just plain weird.  I'll stick to my "A Muppets Christmas Carol" and my very favorite version of this story is George C. Scott as Scrooge.




No comments:

Post a Comment